Know about Best Kodi Addons, XBMC Remote, etc. This dedicated blog covers guides on How to use Kodi TV Live Online and Kodi Chromecast & Roku.
In this networking era, audio/video streaming has become rampant. I can say that Top Kodi Addons for TV serve you with that purpose. It is a software platform that has a wide range of applications. The current scenario is that cable TV costs are on the rise while their customers are heading in the opposite direction. Most subscribers also don’t like the fact that they are paying for “bundled” content they rarely watch. So let’s get started!
The beauty of Kodi TV (former name of XBMC) is its expansion feature that can be achieved using addons. Depending on what you are into there will always be a plugin which helps in expanding the set of features of your HTPC set. Such Kodi plugins enable you to build a real media powerhouse right in your room with an easy approach to sports, games, Internet and music video.
This blog will let you know everything about this application. You will get to know Best Kodi Addons, How to Download it, How to use it with best Addons available to it. You will learn to install it on Chromecast and Roku Platforms too.
- Guide to install Kodi Live TV
- How to download Kodi
- How to use Kodi (Step-by-Step)
- Kodi Chromecast
- Kodi on Roku
Created in 2003 by a group of like-minded developers, a team of volunteers named as Team XBMC is located around the world. It is a free and open-source media player software application developed by the XBMC Foundation.
Best Kodi Addons 2016 for Live TV:
Addons are packages that add features and functions which are not included usually inside XBMC. They are coded by developers in Team Kodi (a formal group of people who develop and maintains it) and third-parties.
Kodi has an increasing list community driven add-ons for online content like YouTube, Hulu, Grooveshark including skins, i.e., themes and everything that is available from a regular official repository, while still enabling third-party developers to host their individual unauthorized repositories for Kodi TV Addons that any user can choose to add themselves if they like.
These addons include Audio, Video, Pictures, Movies, Weather, Games, etc.
Some of the Best Kodi Addons of 2016:
Exodus: The creator of Genesis, Lambda has updated the code and called it Exodus. It includes in currently used add-on and works very well. Unlike the previous Genesis version, there is no Favorites folder which is a minor setback for such a great add-on.
Phoenix: An add-on known as Mash Up closed its door leaving some very dedicated live streaming list creators in the dark. This absence brought the developers together in the creation of a new live streaming Kodi addons, known as Phoenix Mainly used for live streaming which also includes TV Shows and movies.
Spectro Fork: Developer MrkNow took over the amazing work of developing some of the top Kodi Addons which includes Genesis. This new add-on is the old one but updated with all the working links. This addon was started to update the code of Genesis. It has the same user interface as of Genesis.
1Channel: Similar working as of Genesis, it allows to play the same type of content. It has a clear-cut interface with precise information about the movie/show. A little tip about buffering I need to mention that if a particular stream starts to buffer on you at the beginning leave it and search a different link because such streams that start to buffer in the beginning, will buffer throughout. One of the best Kodi addons to have.
Genesis: The addon which was originally coded by Lambda quickly became a favorite of all. It plays old movie and old TV shows along with the new trending ones. The coding of this has not been updated for a while still it does its work.
So I have discussed the best Kodi addons available now. You can get it with easy accessibility.
Kodi TV Live (Installation Guide):
It is an addon that allows us to watch stream TV content. This section covers topics and instructions on the process of configuration Kodi Live TV with internet content, video recording functions. Kodi Addons can be installed in two ways, one from a zip file downloaded from the creators site or two from a pre-setup repository.
An add-on allows users to mix real TV guide sources with streaming sources which those from local TV tuners for example HDHomeRun. This HDHomeRun is a standalone network tuner that is used in various methods with XBMC, including full PVR, easy UPnNP display etc.
Steps for installing it:
- Install Kodi as explained above
- Open the Kodi software. Click on the tab SYSTEMS and then select the sub-option File Manager.
- Here you will get a list of options in alphabetical order. Among them, select Add Source option and click the none for highlighting the path text-box.
- After this, type the exact location of the TV content you want to addon. Double verify before proceeding. Click on Done.
- Then, select the box for entering the media name and give a media source name to the file and then click OK.
- On doing this, revert back to your Home Screen of the application.
- After this, again select the tab SYSTEM. You will get a box containing a list of options. Among them, choose the option Add-ons.
- You will get my add-ons tab with some options. Choose the option ‘Install from zip file’ and select the appropriate tv content name.
- Select the appropriate zip folder with the name of the TV content you want to add.
- Then select the video-addons folder and then select plugin.video.kodilivetv-x.x.x.zip
- You are almost done. Just wait for Add-on enabled notification to appear on the screen.
In this way, your Kodi Live TV has been installed and can be accessed through the path- Under the VIDEOS tab, click on Kodi Addons then select the proper Live TV.
What is Kodi & How to Download it?
XBMC is available for multiple software and hardware platforms allowing as to play and view most streaming media such as video, audio , music from internet inclusive of all common digital media files from local and network storage.
It is a popular multi-platform alternative to Windows Media Center with Home Theatre use. Kodi XBMC can be easily customized in various ways including a variety of skins can change its appearance, different plugins allowing users for accessing media stream content via online services. These Online Services includes Pandora Internet Radio, YouTube, Facebook and many other networking sites which need media-player.
Download Kodi Guidelines and Process:
It is available for Linux, Android, Mac OS X, iOS, and Windows operating systems. And you can also install a stand-alone application for Kodi Live TV.
To install this App, follow the following steps:
- Visit the Kodi Store with one click
- You will get the home-page. In that, click on the Downloads tab.
- You will get to know the currently released version of it.
- Next, choose the appropriate operating system (Windows/Linux/Mac OS/Android and much more)
- You can also download a stand-alone application for Kodibuntu (operating system is based on Lubuntu, an Ubuntu Linux fork that is “lighter, less resource need and efficient energy-wise” compared to the normal Ubuntu desktop distributions. But this is less recommended.
So this way we have done the installation of Kodi XBMC APK software. Don’t forget to follow each step with keen concentration.
How to use Kodi?
The interface is designed with the ‘Home Theater’ in mind. This means it is best viewed on a large-screen Television while sitting on the couch keeping a distance of 10-feet from your television, rather than on a small monitor while you sit at your desk. Designed everything with the Home Theatre feeling in mind, the best way to interact with Kodi App is with a Kodi Remote Control, rather than a computer mouse.
We will see how to add video files to the library:
- Select VIDEOS>Files tab
- Then click on Add Videos (Note: if you do not see an option “Add Videos,” you need to enable it by going to the Settings tab. Then click on Appearance options. Select File Lists and in that select the option ‘add source’.
- Add Video Source screen is displayed. In that select Browse option and browse to get the location of the video stored. After choosing the correct video, click on OK.
- Name this video file the way you like it.
- Set content window will be displayed where we have to tell Kodi the type of the media is there within the folder. Press down arrow till you reach the media file.
- After that you get some scanning options, read those options and make an appropriate selection. And click on OK.
- A dialog box pops up asking for refreshing all the contents of the file. Select Yes.
So now hope you all are clear about how to use Kodi Live TV. In the case of any Confusion, you can watch this How to Use Kodi App on Android Video. It includes all the steps and guidelines.
After covering guides on Best Kodi Addons and its installation steps, let’s proceed further with another amazing guide on media player.
Kodi on Chromecast:
Chromecast is a series of media players created by the Google Team as small dongles, the devices play audio/video content on an HD(high-definition) television or any audio system at home directly streaming it via Wi-Fi from the Internet or a local network.
Streaming Kodi content to Chromecast from an iOS device is not available yet, so we’ll only be talking about Android devices for this method.
The two methods in which you can stream your content to Chromecast from your Kodi-connected Android device: in a power-friendly manner, long, battery-intensive and quick route. Also, we can stream its content to a Chromecast from a PC.
The long way:
- Download ES File Explorer, Kodi App, LocalCast and .xml file PlayerFactoryCore.
- Open ES File Explorer. Then select Settings. In that click on Display Settings and also make sure “Show hidden files” is ticked.
- Next, make sure your Kodi or XBMC media centre is connected to its app.
- Once done, go into ES File Explorer again and open the Downloads folder.
- Here you will get the xmlfile you downloaded earlier (if not, navigate to where your file downloads are saved).
- Then copy xmlfile and navigate to Android | Data and then look for either this “org.xbmc.kodi” or this “org.xbmc.xbmc” file according to the streamer you use. It will be “org.xbmc.kodi”
- Once open, click through Then select the .kodi , depending on the one that has been used |userdata and then paste the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file into this folder.
- Open the app and navigate to the video file you want to watch.
- It will then automatically launch LocalCast – Still Android will definitely ask about the casting app you would like to use.
- Once loaded, you’ll be prompted to press “Play” and asked about the device you would like to stream.
- You’ll then have to click “Play” one more time, and it should, finally play the Chromecast that is connected with TV.
Install and stream Kodi to Chromecast from a computer:
- Download Chrome and the Chromecast app, being assured about having the Kodi application or XBMC client installed on your computer.
- Install Chrome and its casting extension.
- Click on Chrome and select the “Cast” option from your Chromecast extension.
- Where you see the option “Cast this tab to…” near to that, on the right side there will be a small down arrow, click it and select “Cast entire screen (experimental)”.
- Once done with this, your desktop computer should be streaming to your TV.
- Open XBMC and fire up a video to watch.
The short way to Kodi Addons:
- Open the Chromecast app on your Android device.
- Click on menu and select option Cast screen/ audio” option and follow the instructions to connect to your Chromecast.
- Open Kodi.
- Find the video that you would like to watch and then press play.
- It will now play out across both devices, but you cannot turn off your screen or attend any calls.
All the possible ways of installing Kodi on Chromecast have been discussed.
Kodi on Roku:
Roku Streaming Player popularly known by the name Roku, is a series of digital media player set-top kind of boxes which are produced by Roku Inc. Roku partners provide over-the-top content in the form of channels. A streaming device like Roku gets the input data (the video stream) through a wired or Wi-Fi connection to an Internet router. The output data is sent via an audio cable, video cable, or HDMI cable.
The device can be connected to any TV set with proper input data connections. Content is available from services such as Amazon Video, Google Play Movies, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Cloud Player, Crunchyroll & TV, Hulu Plus, Netflix, MLB.TV, HBO Go, Hasbro Studios, and YouTube.
But unfortunately, Kodi cannot be run on Roku. Roku is a streaming product, not a tuner. It is not designed for the process of accessing live TV signals.
Hope this article helped you in the best way about Best Kodi addons latest list and all other related topics. I think we tried our level best to cover all the topics on Kodi Live TV. Send us your queries/feedback if any with the help of Comment Bar. Keep visiting us at KodiAddonsTV.