Addons are created to increase the functionality of the existing computer software. How to Install Exodus on Kodi is what we are going to see in this post. The base of all is Kodi; this is an open-source, free media player developed by XBMC.
This is a media player which allows us to play audio, video, games, music and much more. Now, XBMC allows adding some plug-ins which enhance the capabilities on a high new level.
Exodus Addon is the addon for Kodi, which is created by the Genesis fame, Lambda. On 8th April, Lambda updated it to V1.3, and it is seen that Exodus has no presence in the Lambda directory in the Kodi storehouse.
This is followed by all the platforms, but the main reason behind keeping it off the directory is to prevent the intruders from seeing and misusing the Lambda’s time and work. We can install Mobdro Kodi without any issues.
Plug-in or addon both of them have the same meaning. Now our Exodus addon works on the Kodi, which in turn helps in providing personalization of any software. After reading this post, you will get to know all the things related to Exodus for Kodi, how to install it, how to solve some not working issue.
How to Install Exodus on Kodi:
Now you are ready with your Home Theatre for PC, but to make it more useful and interesting, you need to add features. The full utilization of a software that is what you should strive for! Exodus for Kodi, by the Genesis fame, Lambda was released recently in February 2016 by the TVAddons team officially. Have to admit this addon is the best one out of all the available addons.
Addon allows you to add favourite channels and television programmes so that you can enjoy watching them on your Home Theatre set-up. It is always better to have a system which helps you in adding all your favourite and trending channels. So now we are heading towards the installation procedure of Exodus for Kodi!
Steps to download Exodus for Kodi:
- Open Kodi software. Click on the main tab of SYSTEM. Under the tab, choose the option File Manager.
- You will get a list of options. Among them, select the option Add source.
- You will get a dialogue box. Inside the box, highlight the <None> option. The text will disappear, and the cursor is seen blinking for Exodus Kodi
- Inside the space provided enter the web address http://fusion.tvaddons.ag as it is and click on Done.
- Just click on the box given underneath inside the same box. In “Enter the name for this media source”, type the name fusion or any other name accordingly and click on OK.
- Revert back to Home Screen of the Kodi Software.
- Click on SYSTEM, you will get a list of choices. Among them, select the option Add-ons.
- Again you will get some 5-6 options, from them, choose the option ‘Install from zip file’.
- Select the option name fusion or any other name that you previously gave as the name of the media source. Then select the option ‘xbmc-repos’ folder. Then select ‘english’ folder.
- The next set of options are some zip files, among them select the zip file with name ‘repository.exodus-1.0.0.zip’. Then you have to wait for the notification ‘Add-on enabled’.
- As soon as you get the notification, you are all ready to install Exodus on Kodi
- Select the option ‘Install from repository’. From the options displayed, select the Exodus repository.
- Inside that select the ‘Video add-ons’ option.
- Click on the ‘Exodus’ option. Then choose the option ‘Install’. Again wait for the ‘Add-on enabled’ notification.Finally, you have your Exodus Addon running on your Kodi software! Enjoy!
How to Solve Exodus Kodi Not Working Problem:
For some time, people have been facing some issue which led to Exodus on Kodi not working properly. Right now, there are no issues present. But weeks before, people had some issues regarding the sources they were seeing in Kodi software. Some of the complaints registered and their solution is explained here:
- The complaint said that the people were able to see sources for 1970 and earlier only. Solution to this is that to setup the date and time of today after Installing Exodus on Kodi. As the default year is 1970 in the system, the sources related to that time only will be displayed.
- Some people complained that they were able to watch very few tv shows on their Kodi system. If you are facing such an issue, please check the URLResolver version. The version can be known by following this path –
SYSTEM -> Add-on -> SYSTEM -> Dependencies. If you are having beta version 3, then you have to do the upgrade on your own. The current version of URLesolver is beta 8.
- Some people complained that they are able to watch only the ‘people watching’ option. It was discussed in TVAddon forum page, and some solutions were found. The errors occurring were –
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.exodus/?action=movies&url=theaters) failed
ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.exodus/?action=movieGenres) failed
By looking the errors that were generated, we get that when anyone tries to access the ‘theatres’ category and the ‘movieGenres’ category, the issue is occurring. To find a more clear solution, Exodus code was checked properly, and we came to the conclusion that both the above directories are using the information from themoviedb.org API. Therefore, the Exodus for Kodi may not be working as the API itself is shut down. So in such case, you can only wait for the API to start working again.
And also, Exodus will not function properly in two cases-
- If your Kodi is of the older version, it may create a problem. In some system, Kodi 14.2 is not working so you need to upgrade the software.
- If your Exodus Kodi is of the older version. The latest edition is v1.0.1. If you are using some other version, update the Exodus software then.
So the above discussed are the so far issues that arose and their solutions that were found by the users and the official team members.
Hope you all got a clear introduction to the How to install Exodus on Kodi, the installation steps and everything given in this post. We are here to solve any queries you have got regarding the addon working. Send us your queries. We would be glad to hear any kind of suggestions/ any updated news regarding the Addons you want to share with us. Keep visiting our page Kodi Addons TV for more incredible posts!