Use of VPN has been found to be quite helpful for Kodi users. In this Setup of VPN Manager for OpenVPN on Kodi, we will see how to setup the VPN Manager on your Kodi system. We will provide you with the necessary zip files for getting started.
Starting from the basics, VPN is a virtual private network, it is simply a private network across a public network and lets you share and receive data with the publicly shared network. Here we will find the procedure for setting up the VPN Manager for OpenVPN on Kodi.
Now talking about the OpenVPN on Kodi, it is a software application that is used for implementing the VPN system. So getting started this system, it requires the manager for this setup first. Let’s get started with it!
Install the VPN Manager for OpenVPN
Here we are dealing with the OpenELEC operating system. It is used basically for running Kodi contents on it. And the use of the VPN has become quite helpful for the Kodi users lately, for dealing with the region-specific blocked content. Read more on OpenVPN on Kodi.
When you access Kodi content online, your public IP is available. So some add-on is restricted in some places, while it may be available in other places. So by using the VPN system, your location and identity will remain private and you will able to access all the contents.
Now the steps to be performed for installing VPN Manager for OpenVPN on Kodi:
- As mentioned before, you will be required to download some zip files for starting up. If you are using OpenELEC 7 then you won’t need this zip file, other users download this VPN Manager zip file and add this to the OpenELEC system.
- Now the second file you need to download is the Unofficial Repo file for OpenELEC and then add to your OpenELEC system.
- Start the Kodi application.
- Click on the main tab SYSTEM, then choose the Settings option in the sub-menu.
- Select the option Add-ons displayed on the left side.
- Then opt for the Install from zip file option.
- Go to the location where you have saved the zip file downloaded in the second step. You will find a list of zip files here, click on the file named as repository.unofficial.addon.pro-6.0.2.zip.
- Then wait for some moments till OpenELEC Add-ons enabled notification is displayed on the screen.
- Choose the Install from repository option.
- You will find the OpenELEC Add-ons option here. It is written here with unofficial in the brackets.
- Click on the option Program Add-ons.
- Here look out for the openvpn file name and select that file.
- Tap on the Install button.
- Now within some time, you will get a notification with openvpn Add-on enabled written in it.
- Then choose the Install from zip file option.
- Move to the location where you saved the zip file which was downloaded in the first step. There you have to click on the zip file named as service.vpn.manager-0.1.0.zip.
- You will get a message VPN Manager for OpenVPN add-on has been enabled now.
- Revert to the Home Screen of the Kodi system and select the tab PROGRAMS.
- Choose the option VPN Manager for OpenVPN displayed here.
- Click on the Add-on Settings choice.
- You will get a dialogue box here, choose the Wizard button in that.
- Here you have to make a selection of the VPN provider you are currently using.
- Then enter the VPN Username and click on Done.
- In the next screen, you will be asked to enter the VPN Password, enter it and click on Done.
- Now the VPN Manager setup begins here.
- Make a selection of any primary VPN profile in this section.
- After the connection is all complete, you will get a box with the IP address and the status of your connection.
Therefore the VPN Manager for OpenVPN on Kodi is all set now for your Kodi system. You also have this feature of adding more VPN locations by going to the add-on Settings option and just adding more location of the VPN.
So we are concluding this article on Setup of VPN Manager for OpenVPN on Kodi. Hope this post helped you with getting the installation process correctly. Are you facing any difficulty setting up this? Comment your queries below. For more on Kodi system, keep visiting Kodi Addons!