The number of Kodi users has been increasing only with time. Here in this How to Install Kodi on a Fire Stick we will make you understand the installation steps in an easy to do manner with all the needed screenshots.
Talking about the Fire TV, it is quite similar to the Kodi system. Fire TV lets the users stream online content via the Internet and then play them on their television screen. Here we will understand how to get the Kodi working on the Fire TV setup.
Now Fire TV comes in two models; one model is the Fire TV box, and the other one is Fire Stick. Undoubtedly the Fire TV box provides you with larger specifications compared to the Fire Stick. Still, both of them are equally simple and power-packed.
Install Kodi on a Fire Stick
Now Fire Stick as mentioned earlier is having quite less storage capacity compared to the Fire TV. But still, the Fire Stick offers you with many features which include over 4000 channels access, games, and apps.
You also get direct access to around 260000 episodes of TV shows, and also contents of Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now and much more. Also get a wide variety of channels related to sports, kids favorite, news. We will get started with the installation procedure.
The steps for getting Kodi on a Fire Stick is explained below:
- First, you have to download this APK file for Kodi and save this in an easily accessible location on your computer.
- Start the Fire Stick now.
- Choose the Settings menu.
- Select the Systems option inside this.
- Go for the Developer Options now.
- Choose the Apps from Unknown Sources option, and turn this feature ON. Keep the ADB Debugging option ON only.
- As soon as you turn the Unknown Sources option ON you will get a warning message saying regarding the user data security. You have to tap on OK and then proceed. Later you can change this setting to NO.
- To move further, you need to know the IP Address of your Fire Stick if you already know the steps for that you can skip the following bit related on it. Otherwise, check the steps for getting the IP Address. For this choose the Settings menu again.
- Then go to the System tab in it.
- Tap on the About section of this product.
- Then opt for the Network option and there you will get the IP Address option. Note it down for future reference.
- Now we believe that you have installed the adbFire for your system. Open the adbFire now. You will get a home screen similar to the one as shown below.
- Choose the option New.
- Inside the Description part, enter your FireStick name and in the Address section, enter the IP Address that you noted down before. Then click on Save.
- Select the Connect option now.
- You will now find your IP Address in the Connected Devices section.
- Click on the Install APK option.
- Go to the location where you have saved the Kodi APK file, downloaded in the first step of installation. Then click on the file.
- A dialogue box will appear asking for confirmation, for this click on Yes.
- Now the installing process begins, and you will find some notifications popping up on the screen below.
- You will get an Installed message and then click on OK.
Therefore Kodi is now installed on your Fire TV now. To access Kodi, follow the path like this – First go to the Settings option, then Applications. Within this, you will find Manage Installed Applications option. Select it and there you will find Kodi. Finally, choose the option to Launch it.
Kodi on a Fire TV can be accessed by following the above path only so far. Initially, we were allowed to access the Kodi while dealing with the FireStarter. As Amazon blacklisted this launcher, accessing Kodi became a bit lengthy procedure.
Hope you guys understood the How to Install Kodi on a Fire Stick, and it helped you with the installation and running part. Feel free to share your queries in the comment section below. For more awesome posts on Kodi, follow our page Kodi Addons!