Kodi is still a craze among all movie lovers out there. In this How to Push Zip Files to Kodi on Fire Stick with adbFire, we will get to you in detail about getting the zip files onto your Kodi system if you are dealing with a Fire Stick.
Now beginning the post, Kodi is a software platform which is open source and lets you play online streaming content including TV shows, music, movies. It also allows you to play content stored in local storage too. Know more about Push Zip Files to Kodi on Fire Stick
Addons help in making the system work more efficiently. For all people using Fire Stick for Kodi, add-on installations may seem troublesome, because here we need to add zip files on Kodi. We will explain you this from the core part itself. Let’s get started!
Push Zip Files to Kodi on Fire Stick with adbFire
So we saw a brief intro on the Kodi system and their add-ons. Addons are some of the core utilities needed for the working of Kodi. Without these, the system won’t be of any use. Installing add-ons via a Fire Stick is a bit tough task. Know more about Push Zip Files to Kodi on Fire Stick
We all know repo files are needed for add-on installation, but sometimes when they are not available, we can make use of the zip files for installing add-ons. Again zip files can’t be easily downloaded when using the Fire Stick, for that you have to perform a certain process.
For this, you have to download the zip file on your personal computer and then push that zip file to the Fire Stick. Before that, you need to do some settings inside the Fire Stick first. We will see the steps to be followed below:
- Inside Fire Stick, choose the option Settings.
- Inside that tab, select the System option.
- Then go to the Developer Options.
- Turn ON the ADB Debugging option and also the option for Apps from Unknown Sources. The latter option will let you install apps from external source, other than the Fire Stick system itself.
- You will get a Warning message, tap on OK for this. You have the option to change this setting after the installation completes.
- Now if you know, the IP Address of your Fire Stick system then skip the below four steps. But for those who don’t know then select the Settings tab.
- Inside this choose the System option.
- Select the About option now.
- Inside the About option, you will find the Network. Click on Network. You will find the IP Address information in the first row itself.
Now you need to install the zip file on the Fire Stick, so for that, we will show you the Sports Devil zip as an example. Also, download the zip file for that and save it at a known location. After this download and install the adbFire. Links provided below:
- For Windows Users – Install adbFire
- For OS X 10.7 and higher – Install adbFire
- For the Linux OS – Install adbFire
After the adbFire gets installed, open the software on your system and then follow the steps given below:
- As soon as the adbFire starts up, you will get a screen like this given below.
- Choose the option New from the first row.
- You will get an adbFire Device Setup. Inside the Description part, give your Fire Stick a name and also provide the IP Address (which we checked before), then tap on Save option. Know more about Push Zip Files to Kodi on Fire Stick
- Now opt for the Connect option from the main top menu bar.
- Under the Connected Devices, you will get the IP Address that we saved just now.
- Now choose the Preset directories option.
- Tap on the up-down arrow, and then select the sdcard option from the listed ones.
- Then select the Push button.
- Move to the location where you have saved the zip file, the one you wish to move/push and then select that file.
- A dialogue box is displayed asking your confirmation on pushing the file to the sd card. Click on Yes.
- After the process completes, a File Pushed message is shown. Then click on OK.
Now the rest of the process has to be done on the Kodi system. So moving to the Kodi software now.
- Start your Kodi application. And choose the primary tab SYSTEM.
- Tap on the Settings sub-menu. From the options displayed in the left pane, click the Add-ons one.
- Opt for the Install from zip file option.
- Select the External Storage choice among all the displayed options.
- Inside this, you will get the zip file that you pushed in the previous section.
- You need to wait for some time till the Sports Devil Addon enabled notification is displayed.
Therefore the zip file has been installed on your system, and you are all set to use the Addon on the Kodi system. It was indeed a lengthy procedure, but still, you will be able to enjoy the experience of using Kodi on Fire Stick. Know more about Push Zip Files to Kodi on Fire Stick
Hope this article helped you in the best way for solving out the issues that you were facing with the setup. There have been queries regarding the same, so we tried to make you understand the procedure in an easy to understand language.
We are finishing up this article on How to Push Zip Files to Kodi on Fire Stick with adbFire from our side. Let us know about the reviews of this post and also comment down your queries if any. Till then, keep visiting our page Kodi Addons!