For all looking out for the FireStarter installation, this article How to Setup FireStarter on Fire Stick using adbFire will help you in guiding you step by step with the setting up of this app on your Fire Stick.
Now, first of all, it is mandatory to clear out some concepts before starting with the installation of the FireStarter app. Fire Stick is mainly connected with your HDMI port of your TV set. And Fire TV is a box which let you enjoy a wide variety of channels on your Home Theater system.
FireStarter is a kind of launcher that lets you manage the system apps easily on your HD Television platforms. So using this you could simply launch Kodi through your Fire TV system. So let’s see how this installation works.
Install FireStarter on Fire Stick using adbFire
In the year 2015, Amazon released its Fire TV with 4K video streaming ability and Fire OS 5 in it. The one thing which is not there in this software platform is that it removes the ability to place any shortcut path to access the Kodi system while on the Fire TV interface.
Opening a side-loaded app is difficult while working on the Fire TV system. To remove this difficulty, we will install the FireStarter, which will make us more accessible to other installed systems on your HTPC. FireStarter name has been replaced with AppStarter now.
The steps for setting up the FireStarter on Fire Stick using the adbFire:
- First of all, you should have the adbFire installed on your system. Download this latest version of AppStarter Version 4.0 and save this to a location which is easily accessible to you.
- Start your Fire Stick now.
- Click on the adbFire option.
- Before starting up, make sure that your FireStick is shown in the Current Device section.
- Choose the Connect tab.
- Now under the Connected Devices option, your system IP address should be present in it.
- Select the Install APK option now.
- Now you will be required to move to the Version 4.0 file that you downloaded in the first step of installation. Then select that apk file.
- A dialogue box will pop up asking you to confirm the apk file download. Click on Yes and continue.
- After the installation completes, you will get a message of the same. Click OK.
- Now click on the Disconnect tab within the adbFire window.
- Now you will be directed to the main options on the Fire Stick. Choose the Settings option.
- Select the Applications option.
- Opt for the Manage Installed Application option.
- There you will find the FireStarter option.
- Choose the Launch Application option.
- Now you will get a screen similar to the one below. Now tap on the Settings menu.
- Here you need to have three options that are shown below, in a checked state.
- Now if you want to have the Kodi to be shown on the FireTv Startup, then choose the Startup Application option.
- Now select the Kodi option in it.
- We will set the Kodi to be begun when you do a single click on the home button. For that choose the next option Home Button Single Click.
- Find the Kodi option now.
- And now select the Home Button Double Click option.
- Go for the FireTV Home choice.
- Choose the open ADB Settings option now.
- Turn Off the ADB Debugging option first.
- Then Turn On this same choice.
- Finally, reboot your system by holding the Play and Select option simultaneously for some time.
The setup is complete here. After the rebooting is done, the system will resume back and display the Fire Stick home screen. Wait for some time and then you will find the Kodi being launched on the screen.
And also to add the Amazon blacklisted this FireStarter app, so the app developers have renamed this app to AppStarter and also changed their package names. Still many users, both old and new still prefer and use the old FireStarter app on Fire Tv.
Hope you all enjoyed reading this How to Setup FireStarter on Fire Stick using adbFire. If you are facing any issue with the installation of this launcher, then mention your queries in the comment section below. For more Kodi related updates, keep visiting our page Kodi Addons!